Tuesday, August 31, 2010

My Sewing Room

I've been trying to make my sewing studio in the house out back a place that is more inviting in hopes of spending more time there. Like...doing some sewing, maybe! After all, Christmas is only 4 months away! Yikes!

I have stored most of my fabric stash in clear, plastic bins in the "avalanche" room. More about that in a later post. There is still some clutter to organize but it looks so much better. I have made covers for all my sewing machines to protect them from dust and light. I made matching valances, a chair pad and a matching ironging board cover. I am pleased with the look. The fabric is home dec fabric I got earlier this year when Fabric.com had a big $1.95 per yard sale. I really like it. It coordinates with the table skirts.








Inside the 1950s era sewing cabinet is the Pfaff 130 I learned to sew on. Unfortunately, it doesn't have a motor anymore. It was my mom's machine and years ago the motor died. Maybe someday I will be able to find someone to install a new one and rewire it. It holds a special place in my heart.

I am taking a couple of PTO days this week along with the 3 day holiday weekend. That's a 5 day sewcation. Can't wait...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have what I think is a Pfaff cabinet. would you mind taking a picture of the table from the side and with the top and front open?